Jordans

About a mile across the fields from Seer Green lies the village of Jordans which takes its name from 'Old Jordans', the farm where Quaker farmers lived in the 17th century.

Read more: Jordans

Chalfont St Giles

Chalfont St Giles lies about a quarter of a mile from the A413 about three miles south east of Amersham. This distance from the main road has helped to preserve its identity as a village with church, pond and village green surrounded by cottages. It has a recorded Roman road running through it, so has nearly 2,000 years of history. It is, in fact, a fine example of the development of an English village through the ages.

Read more: Chalfont St Giles

Education Provision 1833

Chalfont Saint Giles, Parish (Pop. 1,297)

A small Daily School (commenced 1826) in which 3 males and 6 females are instructed at the expense of their parents

Read more: Education Provision 1833

Notes on Chalfont St Giles

Description of Chalfont St Giles from J. J. Sheahan in 1861.

Register to read more...

Additional information