Cublington

There cannot be many villages in England that have actually moved, but Cublington has!  It is situated in the Vale of Aylesbury and the earliest mention of Cublington is in the Domesday Book when 'Coblincote' consisted of 10 hides (1000 acres) and land for nine ploughs. The property, worth £6 per annum, then belonged to one Gozelin from Brittany, a follower of William the Conqueror.

Read more: Cublington

Education Provision 1833

Cublington Parish (Pop. 284)

One Sunday School, in which from 30 to 60 children receive gratuitous instruction.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Notes on Cublington

Description of Cublington from J. J. Sheahan, 1861.

 

Register to read more...