Whelpley Hill

The Romans made a camp on the hill now known as Whelpley Hill, situated high up on the edge of the Chilterns. The Romans moved on and for a while the little place slumbered. Later a little hamlet developed. Through all the changes in the following centuries the little hamlet has survived.

Register to read more...

Notes on Ashley Green

The ecclesiastical parish was formed in 1875 with the building of St John the Evangelist.

Register to read more...

Ashley Green

The village of Ashley Green is situated on the B416 road running from Berkhamsted to Chesham. It is one of the typical Chiltern villages, consisting of a long 'green', with a church, post office/ shop, village hall and public house. Unfortunately, it is dissected by the main road.

Read more: Ashley Green