Denham

Since earliest times Denham has been owned or visited by many famous people. Connected for centuries to Westminster Abbey, Denham played host to visiting abbots and later, when ancient Savay Farm became a convalescent home for nuns, it is pleasant to imagine the nuns sporting themselves beside the river as their health improved.

Read more: Denham

Education Provision 1833

Denham Parish (Pop. 1,169)

One Daily School, containing 16 males and 16 females, supported by an endowment amounting to twenty guineas per annum, with a house and garden for the master and mistress, and the privilege of taking other scholars.

Read more: Education Provision 1833

Notes on Denham

Description of Denham from Sheahan, 1861.

Register to read more...

Additional information