Education Provision 1833

Dinton with Ford and Upton Parish,
including the Hamlet of Aston-Mollins and Moreton Liberty, (Pop. 893)

Six Daily Schools, containing about 100 children, (chiefly girls, many of whom are taught lace-making) all instructed at the expense of their parents.

One Day and Sunday National School (commenced 1832), attended by 56 males daily, and 150 of both sexes on Sundays; supported by subscription, and weekly payments of one penny from the day scholars, belonging to the Established
Church.

One Sunday School, appertaining to Baptists, wherein from 30 to 40 children of both sexes receive gratuitous instruction; a Library has lately been formed at the expense of the clergyman of the parish, to which all have free access.


ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Additional information