Hitcham

The hamlet of Hitcham lies between the villages of Taplow and Burnham. It is mentioned in the Domesday Book, at which time about thirteen families resided there. The ancient church of St Mary dates from about 1126 and in that century the first stone building was erected, of which the present nave walls appear to have formed a part.

Read more: Hitcham

Education Provision 1833

Hitcham Parish (Pop. 232)

The children attend a National School in the adjoining parish of Burnham.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Notes on Hitcham

Description of  from Sheahan, 1861.

Register to read more...