Ibstone

The small village of Ibstone straddles a ridge of the Chiltern Hills approximately ten miles west of High Wycombe. Some village points afford magnificent views of the Hambleden Valley below. The origins of Ibstone go back before the Norman Conquest and the village was included in the Domesday Survey of 1086 at which time it was called Hibestanes.

Read more: Ibstone

Education Provision 1833

Ipstone Parish (Pop. 313)

One Daily School, endowed many years since by Henry Allnutt, Esquire, for educating 3 boys.

Two Sunday Schools (commenced 1819) with 21 males and 36 females, supported by voluntary contributions.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Notes on Ibstone

Description of Ibstone from J.J. Sheahan, 1861.

Register to read more...