Education Provision 1833

Leckhampstead Parish (Pop. 499)

One Daily School, containing about 30 children of both sexes; endowed in 1806 by John Smith with certain funds, with which the trustees subsequently purchased £300 in the three and a half per cents; 15 of the above are on the foundation, the rest are paid for by their parents.

One Sunday School, consisting of about 30 males ana 20 females, supported by subscription;

Also a small School, consisting of 14 females, who are taught lace-making;

and a School of Industry (at the workhouse) for the like purpose, and for straw plait, consisting of 14 males and 4 females; the children in these Schools are taught reading, and the Church Catechism, twice a week.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Additional information