Education Provision 1833

Pitstone Parish (Pop. 436)

Two Sunday Schools, both supported by voluntary contributions; in one are 55 children of both sexes, who attend the Established Church; the other (commenced 1833) appertains to Methodists, and consists of 8 children; most of the above children attend a straw-plait School during the week, and are taught to read at the expense of their parents.

Nettlesden and Friesden Chapelry (Pop. 142)

One Sunday School, with 24 males and 14 females, supported by the clergyman;

There is also a small School, in which about 18 children are taught lace-making.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833