Extract from the Universal British Directory 1791

IS fifty-three miles from London, in the turnpike-road leading from Newport-Pagnell to Wellingborough; is noted for bone-lace, and a large manufactory of royal-matting, great quantities of which are sent weekly to London. The lady of the late rector, the Rev. Mr. Barton, left 300I. to pew and beautify the church. A foot post every day, from Newport to Olney, calls at the Kings Head, Sherrington, to bring and receive letters.

Additional information