Soulbury

Soulbury overlooks the Ouzel Valley and consists of several half-timbered and thatched houses around a green, and an attractive church dating back to the 14th century. The village comprises of some 210 houses at present, the most notable of these being Lovetts Charity School House, built in 1724.

Read more: Soulbury

Notes on Soulbury

Description of Soulbury, from J.J. Sheahan, 1861.

Register to read more...

Education Provision 1833

Soulbury Parish (Pop. 578)

One Charity School, of which Lady Lovett, together with the clergymen of Brickhill Stewkley, Stoke and Wing, are the trustees, containing, (as the overseers believe, the master refusing to make a return) from 20 to 30 charity boys, besides other day scholars and boarders.

Read more: Education Provision 1833

Additional information