Education Provision 1833

Upton Parish, with Chalvey Hamlet, part of Salt Hill, and part of Slough (Pop. 1,502)

Two Daily Schools, one contains 9 males and 11 females, the other (commenced
1821), 2 males and 10 females, in both of which the children are instructed at the expense of their parents.

Two Day and Sunday Schools, one a Lancasterian School (commenced 1828), attended by 70 males daily, and 40 males and 40 females on Sundays: this School has no charitable assistance at present, and is solely supported by weekly payments of twopence from each scholar; the other (commenced 1833), is supported by voluntary contributions, and contains 45 females.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.