Westbury is on the south side of the ridge between Brackley and Buckingham, above the river Great Ouse. There are about 350 people and 110 houses, stone cottages and farm houses, some fine stone barns, and modern houses. The church, built in the 12th and 13th centuries, is surrounded by a pleasant graveyard, shaded by fine yew trees.
Until 1930, all the village, except the church and Reindeer public house, belonged to the Manor. Now the Manor House is a boys preparatory school, and most of the houses are owner-occupied.

The Reindeer public house is a pleasant old building, on the main road, where it attracts lunchtime trade from passing cars, but is a meeting place for villagers in the evening, as is the Working Men's Club close by.

At the lower end of the village is the mill, now used as a craft centre with rooms rented by various small enterprises. Nearby are two factories, one making adhesives, the other plastic coatings. These provide some villagers with employment. Although Westbury is surrounded by farm land, very few people are now farm workers. Most work in the neighbouring towns.

Article written by members of the Buckinghamshire Federation of Women's Institutes for the publication "The Buckinghamshire Village Book" (1987) and reproduced here with their permission