Extract from the Universal British Directory 1791

Marlow is a pleasant town on the banks of the river Thames, over which a new bridge has been lately erected by subscription of the nobility and. gentry in the neighbourhood: the inhabitants have likewise paved the foot-paths of the town by voluntary subscriptions. The chief manufacture of the place is black silk lace, and paper.

Register to read more...