Notes on Colnbrook

Description of Colnbrook and other notes. When J.J.Sheahan was writing Colnbrook is described as a Chapelery.

Register to read more...

Colnbrook Church

Colnbrook was an oddity as it was a town without a parish until St Thomas's church was built in 1849. Before that date the High Street formed the boundary between Iver to the North and Hoton to the South. Most of the people either used Horton or Langley for Baptisms, Marriages & Burials. After 1852 these services were carried out at St Thomas's until the churchyard was closed in 1911. Langley and Horton were then used for the burials. Iver church was rarely used as it was further away.
Colnbrook Church & School (1951)
Colnbrook Church to the right and School to the left.
Taken in 1951.

Read more: Colnbrook Church