Fulmer

Nestling between two motorways, the M25 and M40, Fulmer is on the surface the epitome of an English village. It has its winding village street flanked by the village shop and post office, the church, the public house, The Black Horse, and the village hall. There is even a village school which takes children up to eight years old. However, the majority of the people who live in the village do not work there.

Read more: Fulmer

Education Provision 1833

Fulmer Parish (Pop. 391)

One Daily School (commenced 1823,) containing 20 children of both sexes, who are instructed at the expense of their parents;

One Sunday School, with about 40 children, supported by voluntary contributions.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Fulmer - Description

1861 description of Fulmer from J. J.  Sheahan.

Register to read more...

Additional information