Aston Clinton

Aston Clinton is a large village nestling in the lee of the Chiltern Hills some 4 miles east of Aylesbury. It is traversed by the busy A41 trunk road with its tremendous volume of traffic. (It is now by-passed by the new A41)

Register to read more...

Education Provision 1833

Aston Clinton Parish (Pop. 854)

Two Daily Schools, wherein 44 children are instructed at the expense of their parents.

One Sunday School, chiefly supported by the curate, the Rev. William Howard, in which 130 children of both sexes, receive gratuitous instruction.

Leonard, St., Hamlet (Pop. 147)

No School in the hamlet.

Abstract of Education Returns 1833

Notes on Aston Clinton

Aston Clinton parish included the ancient chapelry of St. Leonard which was in ruins by the 17th Century. St Leonard was formed into a separate parish in 1860.

Register to read more...