Notes on Tattenhoe

Description

Description of Tattenhoe, from J.J. Sheahan, 1861.

This small parish of 690 acres, is situated on the eastern verge of Whaddon Chase, and forms an angle of Cottesloe hundred which abruptly pierces the hundred of Newport, between Fenny Stratford and Shenley. It borders on the road between Fenny Stratford and Stony Stratford, the foundation of which road was the old Roman way, called Watling Street. The parish is divided into three farms; the soil is clay, with a small portion of loam; the rateable value is £745; and the population is included with Shenley. There is no village, but the place is distant from Fenny Stratford about three miles W.N.W.

Education

Tattenhoe Parish (Pop. 13)

No School in the parish.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Additional information