Notes on Little Linford

Description

Description of Little Linford from J Sheahan, 1861.

Little Linford, or Linford Parva, as its name implies, is a small parish. It lies on the Banks of the Ouse, and contains 550 acres. Population, 57; rateable value, £662. As to the ecclesiastical rights, this place was only originally only a Chapelry to Newport Pagnell; now it is a separate and independent parish. The village, which is distant about 2.5 miles W. by N. from Newport Pagnell, consists of the manor-house, a farm-house, and a few cottages.

The present Lord of the Manor is Matthew Knapp, Esq., whose seat is Little Linford House (the manor house), a large mansion, partly of brick and in part of stone, delightfully situated in a rich valley.

Education

Little Linford Parish (Pop. 55)

No School in the parish.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Additional information