Education Provision 1833

Calverton Parish (Pop. 425)

One Sunday School, in which 20 children of both sexes are instructed; supported by the clergyman of the parish.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Notes on Calverton

Description of Calverton from J.J. Sheahan, 1861.

 

Register to read more...

Castlethorpe

Castlethorpe is one of the most northern villages of Buckinghamshire. It is bounded in the west by the river Tove which separates it from the Northamptonshire village of Cosgrove. It is intersected by the main railway line between London and the north of England. At one time Castlethorpe was part of Hanslope and a large and impressive earthwork of the motte and bailey castle is reputed to be Hanslope Castle. The castle was the seat of the Manduit family and has had a chequered career.

Read more: Castlethorpe

Education Provision 1833

Castlethorpe Parish (Pop. 366)

One Sunday School, consisting of about 25 children; the master is allowed 1 s. 6d. a week by the parish.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Notes on Castlethorpe

Description of Castlethorpe Parish from J. J. Sheahan in 1861.

 

Register to read more...

Education Provision 1833

Chicheley Parish (Pop. 218)

One Day and Sunday School, containing 16 males and 14 females; supported by subscriptions, aided by small weekly payments from the parents of the children.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Notes on Chicheley

Description of Chicheley from Sheahan, 1861.

Register to read more...

Additional information