This section also includes those parishes in the south of the county and north of the Thames.

Notes on Gerrards Cross

Description of Gerrards Cross as a Chapelry from Sheahan, 1861.

 

Register to read more...

Hedgerley

The name Hedgerley dates from the time when the southern slopes of the Chilterns were colonised by early Saxon settlers.

Read more: Hedgerley

Education Provision 1833

Hedgerley Parish (Pop. 187)

No School in the parish

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Hitcham

The hamlet of Hitcham lies between the villages of Taplow and Burnham. It is mentioned in the Domesday Book, at which time about thirteen families resided there. The ancient church of St Mary dates from about 1126 and in that century the first stone building was erected, of which the present nave walls appear to have formed a part.

Read more: Hitcham

Education Provision 1833

Hitcham Parish (Pop. 232)

The children attend a National School in the adjoining parish of Burnham.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Notes on Hitcham

Description of  from Sheahan, 1861.

Register to read more...

Education Provision 1833

Horton Parish, with part of Colnbrook Chapelry, (Pop. 804)-

Three Daily Schools, containing 22 males and 18 females

One Day and Boarding School, 49 males, and 15 females all of whom are under instruction at the expense of their parents

Read more: Education Provision 1833

Additional information