This section also includes those parishes in the south of the county and north of the Thames.

Education Provision 1833

Taplow Parish (Pop. 647)

One Daily School (commenced 1833), consisting of 15 males and 13 females, who are instructed at the expense of their parents.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Notes on Upton cum Chalvey

Description of Upton-cum-Chalvey from J.J. Sheahan, 1861.

Register to read more...

Education Provision 1833

Upton Parish, with Chalvey Hamlet, part of Salt Hill, and part of Slough (Pop. 1,502)

Two Daily Schools, one contains 9 males and 11 females, the other (commenced
1821), 2 males and 10 females, in both of which the children are instructed at the expense of their parents.

Read more: Education Provision 1833

Education Provision 1833

Wexham Parish (Pop. 181)

Two Infant Schools, one contains 8 males and 7 females, the other (commenced 1831), 5 males and 3 females.

Two Daily Schools, one (commenced 1825), contains 16 males, the other (commenced 1831), 11 females. All the above children, except five, who are paid for by Major Bent, are instructed at the expense of their parents.

ABSTRACT OF EDUCATION RETURNS, 1833.

Education Provision 1833

Wyrardisbury, or Wraysbury Parish (Pop. 682)

One Daily School, in which 5 males and 9 females are instructed at the expense of their parents.

Read more: Education Provision 1833

Notes on Wraysbury

The most southerly parish in the county, includes Ankerwyke and Magna Carta Island and bordered by the Thames to the south. The nearest market town being Staines in Middlesex to the east.

Register to read more...

Additional information