Dropmore

Introduction

Dropmore Parish

Church: St Anne

Hundred: Stoke

Poor Law District: Eton

Size (acres):

Easting & Northing: 492186

Grid Ref SU920860 Click to see map

Names

Names & Places

NameTypeNote
Dropmore PARISH St Anne

 

Records

Records

Parish  Church  Register  Start
Date  
End
Date  
Online
Search  
E-Mail
Search  
Publication  
Dropmore   St Anne   Marriages   1867   1899   Yes,
click here
 
Yes,
click here
 
Not available

Surnames

Surnames

These were extracted from our own records and presented as a guide.

PositionBefore 1700  18th Century  19th Century  Overall Surnames  
1 YOUNGE WILLIAMS STANNETT STANNETT
2 WRIGLEY YOUNGE LUDGATE LUDGATE
3 WILSON WRIGLEY BOON BOON
4 WILLIAMS WILSON PIZZEY PIZZEY
5 WHITE WHITE MARTIN MARTIN
6 WELLS WELLS LEVER LEVER
7 WELLINGTON WELLINGTON HOWARD HOWARD
8 WELLER WELLER BOWLER BOWLER
9 WELCH WELCH SMITH SMITH
10 WATTS WATTS PLUMRIDGE PLUMRIDGE

 

Description

Description of Dropmore as a hamlet from Sheahan, 1861.

Dropmore, which is 5 miles from Maidenhead, is the beautiful and extensive seat of Anne, Dowager Lady Grenville, only daughter of the first Lord Camelford, and the widow of Baron Grenville, whose title is extinct. Nearly the whole of this fine park, which, including the gardens and pleasure grounds extends to 600 acres, was a wild common, when Lord Grenville purchased it in 1792. It is situated partly in the parishes of Burnham and Hitcham, In 1794, Lord Grenville planted the first here, a Cedar of Lebanon, which stands opposite the mansion, and is a large and beautiful plant.