Iver Heath

Introduction

Church: St Margaret

Hundred: Stoke

Poor Law District: Eton

Size (acres):

Easting & Northing: 503181

Grid Ref TQ030810 Click to see map

Names

Names & Places

NameTypeNote
Iver Heath PARISH St Margaret

 

Records

Records

Parish  Church  Register  Start
Date  
End
Date  
Online
Search  
E-Mail
Search  
Publication  
Iver Heath   St Margaret   Baptisms   1862   1909   Yes,
click here
 
Yes,
click here
 
Yes,
click here
Iver Heath   St Margaret   Marriages   1863   1906   Yes,
click here
 
Yes,
click here
 
Yes,
click here
Iver Heath   St Margaret   Burials   1862   1901   Yes,
click here
 
Yes,
click here
 
Yes,
click here

 

Surnames

Surnames

These were extracted from our own records and presented as a guide.

PositionBefore 1700  18th Century  19th Century  Overall Surnames  
1 ALLYN YOUNG DUNTON DUNTON
2 CHILTON YEOMANS SHARP SHARP
3 YOUNG WYMAN TIMMS TIMMS
4 YEOMANS WYKES PRIEST PRIEST
5 WYMAN WORLEY FIELD FIELD
6 WYKES WOOLLS SMITH SMITH
7 WORLEY WOOLEY BOWLER BOWLER
8 WOOLLS WOOLDRIDGE SPRING SPRING
9 WOOLEY WOODWARD REID REID
10 WOOLDRIDGE WOODS THRIFT THRIFT

Description

Description of Iver Heath from Kelly's Directory 1903

Iver Heath, is an esslesiastical parish, from July 22, 1862, out of a portion of Iver parish. The church of St Margaret is a structure of brick, faced with flint, in the Early Decorated style, and consists of chancel and nave, with a low embattled tower on the south side containing a clock and two bells; there are ten stained windows; the chancel floor has been relaid, and a new table and marble steps provided at the cost of Mrs. Summers and here sister Miss Whip; the church affords 300 sittings. The register dated from 1862. The living is a rectory , net yearly value £120, with 4.75 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of Lt.-Col. C. Meeking, and held since 1902 by Rev. George Harold Colshaw M.A. of Exeter College, Oxford. The area of the parish is 2,000 acres; the population in 1901 was 717, in 1911 was 779.